CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Trampolines are EVIL!!!

I have tons of pictures to show you from Mirandas birthday, our weekend in NYC, and the first day of school. BUT I have gotten distracted because "Trampolines are EVIL". Monday night Miranda had family over for birthday cake and gifts. She got a beautiful "big girl" bike from her brother and was waiting for dinner to be over before she opened her other gifts. She and her cousins went out to pass time on the trampoline. Next thing I know she is crying on the trampoline and I run out to get her. Apparently there was some slipping and landing on each other, littlest (miranda) ended up on the bottom. I thought she'd feel better soon but she kept it up and seemed to be getting more upset. Of course we all had our opinions and felt she may be dramatising. So Joe and I took her for a ride in the direction of the ER. We still weren't sure she was really hurt. She calmed down in daddy's arms and even fell asleep. So we decided to go back home. She was coaxed to open her presents and was excited to eat cake as well she played with some of her spoiles. Still she would not stand on either legs. No swelling and no pain when we touched her. So I gave her some pain meds. and she went to bed, at 2am she woke up in pain and I moved her to the couch she still kept her leg bent to ease the pain. Tue morning I gave her a bath and took her to the minor Emergency center. They took x-rays and low and behold. "SHE BROKE HER LEG". She has a beautiful purple cast and toe nails polished to match. She also has a small wheel chair to use for school. As you can see she isn't fazed one bit by all of this. She is amazing and plays contently. No fussing. (so far, this is only day 4 I wonder when she will get bored with all this.)

2 comments:

CB said...

Oh my - Every once in awhile there is a slip and a break on a tramp - the thought always scares me. I am so sorry it had to be your daughter this time!
She must have a high tolerance for pain to have lasted all that time without you realizing her leg was broken.
That is one LONG cast - at least it will get better and then she gets to go to DisneyWorld - Whoo Hoo something to look forward too!
I love the purple cast and the matching toe polish - If it has to be on it might as well be cute :D

mountainrunnermike said...

At least you did not tell her to "Walk it off" like I told Justus and then found out he broke the
five bones on the top of his foot.
I hope all has healed!!!
MRM

slides

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails